Eli is 46 years old and is native to the municipality of Socorro, Santander. She has devoted her entire life to coffee farming, learning from her family at a young age. She inherited her farm El Higueron and has continued to purchase land around it through her earnings in coffee. 90% of her earnings are attributed to coffee farming, and the other 10% comes from cultivating yucca, plantain, and other fruits and vegetables. Eli hopes that the value of coffee rises so that she can leave a valuable inheritance for her children, and in the same light, so they too have hope in continuing the family tradition. At the same time, Eli would like to have enough earnings to send her children to universities in big cities, in hopes of a better future.
We are proud to once again offer an amazing Colombian Selection.
- Colombia has the ideal geography for coffee production. Their coffee is known for its rich, mild flavor that comes from the perfect climate and elevation. As you may have heard before, coffee grows best in volcanic soil, at 1,200-1,800 meter elevation, in places that are free of frost but receive around 80 inches (200 cm) of rain a year. Colombia ticks all those boxes.
- Colombia basically has a bean to suit every taste. As you can see in the picture, Colombia has wide growing areas that run from north to south, producing different bean flavors. For example, the northern region that includes Norte de Santander, Santander, and ‘Others” is warmer and lower altitude and produces coffee that has lower acidity and a fuller body. Central region including Antioquia, Cundinamarca, and the north of Tolima harvests all year round. Finally, the beans from the southern part of the country (Nariño, Cauca, Huila and the south of Tolima grow at higher altitudes, closer to the equator, giving them a higher acidity and much sought-after sweetness. What’s all this mean? The taste of coffee is subjective, and you will definitely find exceptional coffee that you’ll love.
- The whole country is behind coffee production. There are more than 500,000 families that produce coffee in Colombia, and they are in a well-organized trade association that is focused on making sure these families have good working conditions, improved infrastructure, and social security. And because it’s all family-owned business, these coffee growers pour a lot of love into what they do.
Farmer: Juan Carlos Correa
Processing: NATURAL PROCESS PROCESS
Altitude: 1300m to 2100m
*Note: This are is currently in devolpement and all products will be populated shortly.
What is washed Process Coffee?
What is Natural Process Coffee?
Why does Growing Altitude Matter?